You can always delete the conversations that you don’t want to continue. To do this, select a conversation, click on Options (or the three dots in the upper-right-hand corner of the dialog on mobile) and select Delete Conversation.
Note! Once a conversation has been deleted, it cannot be restored.
Suppose that you want to stop communicating because a user is behaving suspiciously, is violating the Community Guidelines, or their photo and personal information don’t match reality. In this situation, you can both block them and report their suspicious activity.
- Tap on the three dots in the upper-right-hand corner of the dialog box.
- Tap Block and Report. Indicate the reason for blocking.
- Tap on a user's name or photo to go to their profile page. Scroll down and click Block and Report.
From a computer
- In the upper-right-hand corner of the dialog box, click the Options button. Then click Block and Report. Indicate the reason for blocking. After which, we will review your complaint.
- Go to their profile page by clicking on the person's name or photo. You will see a small circle in the lower-right-hand corner of the profile photo. Hover over it and click Block and Report. Specify the reason for blocking and click Block.
Note! After a user has been blocked, they will be added to your Blocklist. To view your list of blocked users, or to unblock a user, go to the Blocklist menu in Settings. You will also find the Unblock button in the Blocklist.