Find someone you like? Message them!
If you have activated Premium/Premium PLUS subscription, you can chat with everyone without restrictions.
To write to someone, tap on the message icon under their photo (on mobile), or go to their profile and click Message (from a computer). You can also activate Smart Messages to automatically start as many conversations as possible with the right people.
Your first message is crucial and will define how long and exciting communication with them will be. Here are some tips to keep in mind when writing to someone for the first time:
- Create the perfect profile. Upon receiving your message, a user will first check your profile to learn more about you. Make sure to add your best photos and thoroughly complete your profile. The more your potential partner can find out about you, the sooner they will write you back.
- Be polite. Remember that this is the first time you are addressing this person, try to keep your tone neutral and avoid annoying or uncomfortable compliments.
- Get creative. The message "Hello! How are you?" is more likely to get lost among others. Think about how you can interest the person you like. Going to a user's profile to find out more about their hobbies or work will help you come up with an interesting question or joke to start a conversation.
- Do not hurry. Most people need time to realize that they have met someone special. Tell them about yourself, and ask them questions. Remember that building solid relationships requires gradualism; you shouldn’t invite your new friend to a cafe or on a long trip out of town on the first day.
- Send Gifts. Buy Gifts for coins for the users you like — use this opportunity to show the person your affection.